Featured post

You Are Here

The human mind is such a peculiar thing. It stores so many different things, from the most useful to the most useless; from memories to fac...

Saturday 22 October 2016

Celebrating Inspirations

*Edit: I decided to add this song after it came up on my iTunes playlist. This is mine and my best friend's song; don't ask why.*

Hello, lovelies!

I really do apologize about the inconsistency of this blog; I don't want to write something that doesn't come from an honest place, and these days, it takes time for inspiration to strike up.

Anyway, this post is to celebrate the fact that we, as people, are capable of so many different things; each of us can do so much, and so many different people have achieved so much. This post is inspired by my best friend being such a kickass, talented, and intelligent person.

She doesn't think so just because she lacks sometimes, but I want her to know that it's okay to lack; it's only human nature because no one in this entire world is perfect all the time.

So this person right, her name is Mashal, and she is this amazing, inspiring person, who has always pushed me to do more, to live up to what she says are my strengths and capabilities. Those are only the things she's done for me; for her own self, she has achieved so much in her life, that I am always in awe of her.

She inspires me to be better and to be proud of what I have achieved in all these years. I've known her since high school/college, depending on where you're from, and she's been my best friend and support system since that very first day of school.

We have this inside joke about being "bffs forever", and when she reads this, and I know she will, she will understand, and hopefully laugh about it. She is someone who has been one of the constants in my life.

She was always extremely smart, and she always blew my mind over just how strong she is, and how strong her morals are. (I know they're not exactly the same now, but that's alright. Not that big a change anyway.) She knows the value of pi, I forget up to how many decimals (Sorry Lou), but isn't that so freaking amazing? She's always been proud of that fact, and so am I.

My best friend is strong, fierce, independent, intelligent, and beyond kind. She's currently living quite far away from me, and I guess it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because she and I both know I would never, ever say this to her face; well, maybe if she was upset and I was trying to cheer her up, or if I was feeling particularly emotional that day.

It amazes me that we, as people, can do so much if we put our minds to it; we can achieve so much, not only in studies but also our social lives. I spoke to Mashal a few days ago, to tell her that I am proud of her, and she reminded me to be proud of myself too, because just as she has achieved things in her life, so have I.

Her success does not mean that I can't celebrate mine; her success does not mean my milestones and achievements are any less than hers.

I never thought I would get through uni; I never thought I'd have enough courage and strength to keep doing something I'm not really interested in. But the fact of the matter is, I did get through it; with only a few months left to graduation, I have pretty much survived this seemingly endless ordeal.

I didn't quit halfway through like I was so sure I would; I didn't slack off in the name of not having any interest in what I was doing; I worked hard, and I tried my hardest never to let my grades slide, and they never did.

My sister always told me, people's grades go downhill after their first year of uni; however, with me, it has been the complete opposite. I started off terribly, but touch wood, I've been pretty amazing since the first year. I haven't let myself slack at any point in my university years, and I've tried my hardest, despite having zero interest and being sure that I was most likely going to quit, and give up any and every time.

It has been difficult, every step of the way, but I was, and have been, lucky to have family, friends, and even some teachers (personal shoutout to Dr.Anna, Dr.Marva, Dr. Mitra, and last but most definitely not the least, Mr.Parsa-- thank you for everything), who saw me for the person I really am underneath the protective shell, and they acknowledged the fact that I simply am suited for different things.

They believed in me, and understood my patience, and they never, ever made me feel useless, which, unfortunately, I didn't need anybody else's help in, because I was making myself believe that I am pretty damn useless anyway.

I have been lucky enough to have people around me like Mashal, who have, at one point or another, pushed me to my limits, or simply told me how proud they are of me; they don't know it yet, but sometimes, those little words and gestures were what kept me going through the day, made me get up and out of the bed in the morning, and gave me enough strength to go and face the day head-on, regardless of what happened around, and within me.

I never got the chance to thank them all, but now I do; I am not only thanking them, but also celebrating their diversity, the capability of their brain, their intellect. I am not only supporting and celebrating my best friend, but also reminding not only her but also myself, that while every person is different, every person is still important; every person is to be celebrated for their good and their strengths, instead of being torn down for what they are not, or for what they might lack.

So this post is dedicated not only to my best friend, Mashal Waqar, but it is also dedicated to my family, my friends, my professors; it is also dedicated to me. Thank you all for being a part of my support system, and thank you all for inspiring me by being you; thank you all for holding me up, and thank you all for never kicking me when I was down. May I always be able to do the same for all of you.

Lastly, I thank myself, for always being patient, and getting through every day, no matter the mood or the weather; for refusing to give up, and for fighting through "just one more day. Just one more, and we'll see what happens". Maybe one day I can come back to this post, and maybe, just maybe, this will be the sign I'll need to go on.





Never.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've written what I think. What do YOU think?